Be an informed seller. Get an appraisal from JM Real Estate Services. If you're planning on putting your house on the market soon, an appraisal is a step in the right direction. An appraisal doesn't cost that much and it pays in the long run! Unless the homeowner studies real estate values on a day to day basis, like an appraiser, it's practically impossible for them to understand real estate market forces.
It's tempting to want to base your home's value on how much you have invested in your home, or the amount you need to get out of it. Rather, the appraisal measures how much your home will bring on the open market. Something is only going to sell for the price another person is going to give you.
||Contact us for any questions regarding the specific services for home sellers we offer.
Going to sell your home yourself? Quite a few Illinois homeowners are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the assistance of a real estate agent. But to do it right, quickly and for top dollar, what you need is a professional appraisal. The best thing to have is an objective opinion, and we understand that it can be very hard to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. We will inform you of what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
Not only can getting a professional appraisal help you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract buyers, a professional appraisal can:
People are surprised when they find out that their home's value is higher than they originally thought. So spending a little on a professional appraisal allowed them to receive thousands more than they could have originally netted. Alternatively, some people have an inflated assessment of the value of their home, and an appraisal helped them to to set a more reasonable price for their home in order for it to sell quickly - instead of sitting on the market for months. Asking too much for a home causes buyers to back off, which means no offers and no closing, wasting valuable time, money, and efforts.
- Allow you to have the edge while bargaining when you find a potential buyer
- Put buyers at ease with written proof of the interior and exterior condition of your home
- Make you aware of problems and eliminate overlooked repairs hassles that might hold-up a closing
- Lower the odds of unrevealed problems that cause sales to deteriorate
Pre-listing appraisals in PalatineYou may have an extremely skilled agent, but it's definitely a good idea to get an analysis of your home's value before finalizing a listing contract. And that's where JM Real Estate Services comes in. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal that will let you and your agent have a precise description of your home's features and a detailed breakdown of the most recent and similar comparable sales or as they're commonly called, "comps".
Someone to ask for for local real estate knowledge Not sure if you need a full appraisal but are looking for information about the status of your area's housing market? We can be a resource for your real estate quandaries with services especially designed for customers with your real estate needs.
If you're curious what you'll be getting from us when ordering an appraisal just take a look....
- We take great pride in making sure that when you send your initial inquiry, you get a prompt response: We tailor information to the needs of our customers. We'll be thrilled to give you suggestions - just tell us what your situation is.
- Fast turnaround on appraisals: Typically one week or less from the date we receive the request, we can have a PDF ready for you to download from our site or in your e-mail.
- Appraisal and consulting report presentations that suit YOUR needs: We've worked on quite a few of assignments, and we know that in the practice of real estate appraising, it's naive to think there's a typical or standard "cookie cutter" assignment. We offer a lot of different report types and have know how at providing appraisals to clients that keep the industry jargon to a minimum and in an easy to read format with consumers in mind.
- Any follow up questions? You can expect a prompt response from JM Real Estate Services: When we deliver a report to our clients, we make sure they are clearly written, comprehensible to people outside the real estate industry, and adhere to the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that regulates the appraisal practice. Should you have any questions about your appraisal after you've read through the report, just give us a call or email us!